Wednesday 26 November 2014

Task 3:
Errors in Letter-writing Conventions
This letter has nine errors relating to proper business letter conventions. Underline the mistakes and correct them.

Mrs. Lucinda Minto, Manager
Bright Star Lighting Store
11 Glendale Ave.
Oshawa, ON L1H 8K9

MondaySeptember 12, 2009

Dear Lucinda; Ms.  Minto:
On August 25, 2009, I bought a floor lamp in your store on  August 25, 2009. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to use it because it did not work properly. Every time I switched it on, it switched off by itself after about 30 minutes. I took the lamp back to the storebut the salesgirl refused to give me my money back. I had a telephone conversation with you to talk about it and you confirmed that the policy of your store’s policy is to exchange faulty merchandise rather than refund the money. Unfortunately, the lamp that I want is no longer available at your store. Given these circumstances, I would like to request that you refund my money. I will appreciate your consideration.
I'm want to  looking forward hearing hear from you soon.
Cheers, Beast wishes!
Customer:  Marisa Romer

Task 4:
Answer the questions.
1. What is the purpose of the letter?
She want the store to refund her money
2. What is the problem?
The floor lamp didn't work properly.
3. What is the customer requesting?
She requests that the manager refunds her money.
4. Is it a reasonable request? Why?
Yes, because  that lamp didn't work and is not no longer available at that store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment