Wednesday 7 May 2014

Sounds of Nature in Roy Thomson Hall

              Sounds of Nature in Roy Thomson Hall

On May 1st, It was sunny day, Our school arranged a field trip to go to concert hall, We expected this musical artistic trip. We met classmates in Don Mills subway station, then, we were on the way to Roy Thomson Hall.

When we stood outside of R.T.H, My heart was touched by such a magnificent building .Under the bright sun, The CN Tower stands in two high building as the backdrop of the concert hall, The sights Composed a beautiful picture in my eyes.

When the guide took us to enter inside, we were shocked by spectacular internal structures. The huge pipe organ set in the main wall back of the stage, The auditoriums were designed scattered levels, They looked like petals, The dazzling lights on the ceiling looked like a stamen. We felt so excited and took many photos to keep such a wonderful memory.

There were two choirs that would perform for us, They were Hamilton Children's Choir and Young Voices Toronto. What a exciting time was coming! Children dressed bright colour came into the concert hall one after another and set foot on the stage. Just one moment, The audiences were suddenly silent, A wonderful cappella sounds performed by the children taking people into a sounds of paradise. My heart was fluctuated by the rhythms of sounds of Children's Choirs. Sometimes, They swayed with the rhythms. Sometimes, They clapped their hands. Sometimes, They moved and stamp-stomped or changed the formation. They were keeping coordinated actions. They sometimes sang pure and high-pitched voice, Sometimes, They could sound some interesting voices, such as, buzzing, rustle, A special syllable——ding,dong,deng,dung,dang that sounded like knocking sounds of water, The sound of the train is traveling, The sound of the train whistling. Including open-throated chant singing and earthy vocal drones,This kind of strange and particular sounds are similar to Chinese Mongolian Khoomei. The performances were progressing, I saw a musician playing the humbling musical instruments named the Organ, That voices were soul-stirring and solemn. There also was the Sand Hammer's voices. I couldn't recognized the musical styles about jazz and folk and anything else, but I really enjoyed them and sozzled in such good music. The children's fantastic voices showed about a fairy world. How amazing the sounds were!

The children with great enthusiasm were singing dignified anthem with calm and mild sounds, It sounded like melodious and peaceful. My favorite one of choral songs was anthem for praising the sacrificial great love of the Lord Jesus. Its name gave me a deep impression,It was“The Lamp of Poor Soul”. When the song was sounded, The hall suddenly got into the dark, The lights were went out(put out), The children lit up the mini flashlights, The flashing lights twinkled with the sound. This scene touched my heart and reminded me of the words from the Bible,“ Jesus is the light of this world, Jesus is the sacrificial Holy Lamb to save the souls of the world.” This song and lyrics came from the scriptures of Bible. When I came back home to find the scriptures that came from MARK:Chapter14:24 sections and JOHN:Chapter1:section9,“The Resurrection of Jesus.Jesus said to disciples,‘This is my blood of the covenant,which is poured out for many(people), The ture light,which enlightens everyone,was coming into the world.’” Chapter8:section12,“Jesus saying,‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.’” Chapter1:section29, “Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” Acts(Psalms:16:sections:8-11):Chapter2:section25-28,“I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken,therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;moreover my flesh will live in hope. For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One experience corruption. You have made known to me the ways of life,you will make me full of gladness with your presence.” The gospel in the song was lingering around my ears, I could not help but pray for God's mercy, the grace of the Lord Jesus being with each of us who are struggling and adapting difficultly in this new country.

After the choirs' sounds stopped , and then there were bursts of broke out a round of applause. I couldn't completely express my entire feeling touched by the sounds of nature, but I've got enough fantastic and juicy musical experiences.
I expected I can still revel in this angelic chorus of Children's choirs at the next time.


Angela Mei


No comments:

Post a Comment