Tuesday 26 January 2016

Use at least five of these vocabulary words to write an email to a friend describing to him/her the Canadian culture.


How to Work Well in Canada is our theme this week. Trying to observe and understand culture is like trying to observe and understand an iceberg. Anyone who is either looking for a job or starting out a new job will require some time to figure out the expectations, culture, and customs of any or prospective workplace.


Aggressive                                     equality                                       rituals  
Annoyed                                       minimize                                       task
Collaborative                                 oblivious                                     valuable
Customs                                         promptness                            values
Embarrassment

Task 2:

Use at least five of these vocabulary words to write an email to a friend describing to him/her the Canadian culture.


Dear Lily:
How  are you doing? The painting that you presented me always recalls the pretty memory of us in China. I really miss you. I'm glad to hear from you to tell a lot news of our school after I left.  I am willing to give you some suggestions when I knew your new plan that you will be sent by school as a visiting scholar in Canada. So, I'd like to share some information about Canadian workplace culture to you.

Some social conventions differ from China, Being aware of the common social conventions in a culture can help me avoid offending others in social interaction. Maybe you will know and be interest in something more. Canada is a democratic and multinational country. People like to show appropriate etiquette each other. We should learn more different culture in order to avoid bothering somebody surround you obliviously. In Canada workplace, people would like to respect the equality and customs of every single person who came from any country . They should minimize aggressive attitude to talk about political or personal details. Otherwise, people might be annoyed or embarrassment. I think there are a lot of differences remaining in Canadian workplace. If  you want to get along with people around me in professional career, it's necessary to emphasis on appropriate rituals. You will learn and adapt Canadian workplace culture with promptness. I hope these information are useful for you.  I will tell you more details when you come here. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in Canada.

Best wishes!

Angela Mei

No comments:

Post a Comment