Friday 5 December 2014


Task one:

Compare between link one and link two. Find the similarities and differences between them.

Task 1: 

Similarities:
1. They were all greeting the audience with confident first.

2. They all have a clear purpose and topic which they chose to achieve their expectation.

3.They know what are their audience needs and wants after they assessed their audience. 

4.The can organize all of information accordingly and stay on their track. Their presentation can be to teach and demonstrate for audience  with clear outline and conclusion.

5.They were all depending on their purpose and their audience to deliver in various styles.

Difference:

1. link one: 
The female speaker chose a formal style and her audience are people who want to find a job.
She was writing points on the board with clear tips. 
She exlpained and introduced the struture of her topic clearly.
She used a lot transition words effectivly.
She spoke very clearly and slowly.

2.link two: 
The male speeker chose a humorous and lively talking style. He was proficient in interaction with audience. I think his audience are some people or trainees have worked in offical workplace.
 He used many body language and eye contact, life experience, and some jargon related topic to attract the audience. 
He asked more questions for the audience to involve them in his topic and guide them to focus on his speech.

Task two:

List five things that you have learned from each one. Then, check your findings with your peers.

Task 2:

1. link one I learned:

a.Be polite and confident first.
b.To consider what are the audience needs and wants, and to understand the purpose for selecting a topic of interest.
c.To prepare a clear outline for them and structure possible resources I will need.
d.To determine the appropriate style of the presentation.
e.Write some script points or cue cards, or to prepare PPT sliders.
f. To use some transition words  making the presentation smoothly and clearly.
g.Speak aloud and clearly, to explain the contents of presentation with some details.

2.link two I learned:

How do my breathe life to my speech, that's one get net the key real essence for public speaking.

a.I should look strong confient and passion in any formal or informal occasions I will face to, even yell my speech out with energy.
b.To get the audience involed very good healthy breed like my speech.
c.To try different unique bold style like this male speaker with humorous and lively talking style.
d.To use more body language and eye contact to attract the audience involving in my topic.
e.To broaden my topic include background information or personal stories of life experience, and try to use more idiom to chum up with the audience.
f.To aske for audience some questions to delivery my purpose cearly.
g.I gonna start with foundational phrases upon which I built my story, tell a story and make a point.

Task three:

Which presentation you have find it better/more effective/more engaging? and why?

In fact, both of them are effective and useful. but I prefer a presentation of link one, beacuse base on my english current level , by contrast, it's easy to understand the famale speaker's presentation. 

So I can understand and get some useful information what I need to know. She deliveried her purpose and explained very effectively. I was attracted by her instruction step by step. She has shown me a clear outline. 

She gave me a clear clue when she wrote some key words on the board, let me get all of contents clearly. Then, she used many transition words, it's convenient to follow up her speaking and focus on her topic.

However, I also like link two because it was a wonderful and passion style I like. I very appreciate his humor and his genius capability to interact with the audience. I can remember his words clearly:"Tell a story and make a point".

But due to I couldn't catch his all of contents. So I eager to improve my english quickly. One day I also can enjoy this sort of presentation with humorous and lively style. 



No comments:

Post a Comment